Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Not Just a Tourist

 
 
It's worth the money to pick up a good travel book. I mean one that's specific to budget traveling or budget traveling in the place you're going. The library should have tons of travel books that will help you navigate where you're going to plan your trip, but you don't necessarily need to own it. You can print maps from the internet, instead of carrying a book with you that will add weight to your luggage. I have bought two travel books that I think will be invaluable to me as I travel throughout my life. Travel Happy, Budget Low by Susanna Zaraysky and Rick Steves' Europe Through the Back Door. Both of these authors are veteran travelers and have fantastic tips. Things I would never have thought of. Keep in mind that if you own a Kindle, Nook or Ipad you can travel with your books, without the added weight in your luggage. Very handy!
 
 


One interesting thing I learned from reading these books and travel blogs is to check on transportation before you leave for the trip. For instance getting train tickets is important to do before you go to Europe, good to know.

Reading through these books has really helped me grasp areas I hadn't thought of. You know, important things that a beginner would never have thought was important. I believe with these tips I can feel more confident and less touristy as I travel.

Have you found any great travel book?

No comments:

Post a Comment